Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Are you a Controls Engineer that wants to be involved in a project from inception to installation? Where you own software from design to the floor? Interested in a position that requires minimal travel? If the answer to these questions is affirmative and you have PLC controls experience a career with our Automated Systems Group (ASG) may be a good fit for you.
Some of the areas we specialize in:
- Material Handling
- Vision Guided 3D bin picking
- Collaborative robots
- Robotic metrology
As a member of the AMT Team you can expect:
Excellent benefits including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- 401k with company match and option for ROTH
- Life and Disability insurance
- Paid vacation/personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities to learn new skills through the AMT Automation Academy or through on the job mentoring programs
- Clean, team oriented work environment
PLC software design & debug for automated systems.
Regular responsibilities include:
- Development of PLC programs, HMI programs, and interface software.
- Includes writing programs from scratch and debugging of programs.
- Some On-Site system start-up of systems at customer’s facility.
- May be responsible for system training at completion of commissioning.
- At least five years of successful controls software design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent education or experience
- Top notch organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong communication skills with ability to lead through a strong character and with confidence.
- Travel <10%
- HMI programming skills
- PLC hardware & software design (Allen Bradley or Siemens) preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
Other suggested skills:
- Robot programming