Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Regular responsibilities include:
- Ability to lead a team and mentor less experienced programmers
- Path teach industrial robots for applications including but not limited to resistance welding, arc welding, material handling, material dispense, stud welding, laser cutting, and water jet cutting
- Basic IO setup
- Assist and verify that all robot dress components and installation meet customer specifications.
- Ensure that all robots are properly mastered, have correct TCP and Load values, and all of this information is properly recorded according to customer needs.
- Install hard and soft stops to meet of exceed industry safety standards.
- Insert all relevant IO in robot paths including zone calls, reposition clamps, clear tools, path segments, etc.
- Assist Controls Support in debugging the entire cell for automatic operation.
- Assist in troubleshooting all mechanical problems in the system.
- Ensure that the robot meets or exceeds all customer cycle time requirements through improving robot paths, improving the process flow through use of IO signals, and suggesting modification to the process itself.
- Degree in robotics or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to travel >25%
- Qualify & pass safety courses (lockout, safe to work, customer required classes)
- Familiarity with fieldwork and/or robot programming practices (ABB, Fanuc, etc.)
- Strong problem solving ability and confident attitude